HOME
Gifts from Beautiful Forests

DATE : 2004-12-13

HITS : 814

Many Koreans associate chestnuts with their home villages. By the time chestnuts fully ripen and their open, people start to think about chuseok(autumn festival) in their hometowns and remember how generous the people here are.
song-i is a unique kind of mushroom native to korea and living only under pine trees in thick woods. when we find the mushroom, it seems so wonderful that we even have a pious feeling about it. Another interesting kind of mushroom in korea forests is the oak mushroom. This mushroom lives on the stems of such broad-leaved trees as oak and hornbeam. Due to its increasing popularity, the mushroom is nowadays on oak logs.
Korean forestry products have a good taste and a high nutritional value.
Chestnuts contain large amounts of vitamin C, iron and calcium. Their texture is pleasantly crunchy and their level of saccharinity is high. Even their bitterish endodermis contain a substance which helps get rid of freckles. As for the mushrooms, they contains abundant inorganic substances and fibroid matter, which are effective against cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.
Being good for those on a diet as well, the mushrooms are used in many kinds of health food.
Apart from chestnuts and mushrooms, korea produces many other kinds of forestry products, including pine nuts, gingko nuts and persimmons. These products also contain many health-giving properties.
I would like to recommend readers AgraFood to try these Korean foresty products. I believe that, once you have, you will not be able to forget their good taste.

Thank you.
December, 2004

< korea agrafood/cho yon-hwan chief of korea forest service >

Department

Writer
c** ********  
Keyword

contact

File
Satisfaction survey
Were you satisfied with the information you have read?
만족도조사선택