HOME
Studying with Tree Experts On Line

DATE : 2006-07-25

HITS : 1103

Studying with Tree Experts On Line 이미지1

Elementary schoolers are on summer vocation so Korea Forest Service(KFS) is providing an internet study service called ’e-Forest Ecology Study room’ for them, which is the first internet service just for elementary schoolers among government agencies.

The study room is comprised of 24 themes and 5 categories; 「What is Forest?」「Giving Forest」「Damaged Forest」「Fun Experience in Forest」「Doctor! I’ve got a question」with comprehensive information on forest ecology, such as trees, forests, plants and insects.

In the section of「Doctor! I’ve got a question」, elementary schoolers can be given direct answers to their questions by 200 researchers with Ph. degree working for Korea National Arboretum and Korea Forest Research Institute, in which way given information can be more specific, efficient and educational for their studies.

The study room is focused on visual effects, using inserted pictures and illustrations that might appeal to kids and on explanation with more actual and specific cases.

KFS has chosen the themes of the study room by surveying around 350 school teachers in charge of science and environment section and 150 forest commentators in order to reflect the educational situation and professional information.

「e-Forest Ecology Study room」will be served through August 31 at www.san.go.kr, the portal website of forest recreation culture. In addition, KFS has planned on a permanent study service, improving the service system in accordance with the result of the study room.

International Cooperation Division
☎+82-42-481-4172

Department

Writer
I**** *********** *** 
Keyword

contact

File
  • 산림생태학습방 1.jpg [17.0 KB] 첨부파일 다운로드
Satisfaction survey
Were you satisfied with the information you have read?
만족도조사선택